Monday, August 15, 2011

Sketches

No matter what kind of artist you are, I think it's so important to keep a sketchbook. It's the quickest and easiest way to express yourself. You can make your work as rough or as refined as you want. I don't know what I would do if I didn't have mine. It's where I keep almost all of my thoughts and it's my escape. I have books upon books filled with doodles and tiny notes from over the years. It keeps my thought process going and referring back to older books is a good source of inspiration to me.

Every month on my deviantart.com page, I update with a compilation of the previous month's sketches. Below are some of my select sketches and doodles from this past February through July. Many of them are concept doodles for stories for school or my own personal ones, particularly "Spirit Rappings". So far, this year has also been an experiment into trying new styles and techniques for my artwork. There's also some fanart sprinkled here and there. Sometimes, it's just nice to show appreciation for the works of others.








No comments:

Post a Comment