Friday, December 24, 2010

More Artie Excercises

Wow. It's been a while since I've posted anything. Sorry about that. This past semester has been pretty brutal, but I got a lot of results out of it. Expect quite a few more entries.

First up were the first exercises that I did in my latest Computer Animation. Funny thing, I found out that my professor, Keith Osborn, actually created Artie. I never knew that, but now I can properly credit who he belongs to.

Anyway, we had three exercises, but my animation where Artie is waiting for something didn't... turn out so great. The other two, of course, aren't perfect, either, and need polishing, but I can still feel pretty all right about showing them to other people.

The Triathalon, as Keith called it, started off with, of course, a walk cycle.

video

The second one was a change in emotions that had to be animated entirely in silhouette. This was cool, since I could brake the rig to get what I wanted and it wouldn't look horrifyingly painful for poor Artie.

video

I plan on polishing these some more, since they were the first animations I had done in months and was a little rusty.

No comments:

Post a Comment