Friday, April 9, 2010

Artie Excercises

As our first assignment this semester, we were given a premade character that was simply called Artie and had to do the following excercises:

A finger point. This one was pretty simple. It definitely helped me get to know Artie and how to move him.



A walk cycle. I decided to have a little fun with this one and project a character that I used for a later project onto him. Also got a little carried away with the music, but it was enjoyable to do and I learned more about animating arms during cycles, which I always have trouble with.




A head turn. I just had to do this.




And finally, a take. I wanted to try my hand at subtle acting. It was pretty simple to do, but I liked it.




This project was so much fun. I must have broken his face so many times playing around with expressions. It definitely gives me the heads up to attempt some pretty crazy blendshape faces in my own character rigs.

No comments:

Post a Comment